AWS Solution Architect
As a preferred supplier to one of my biggest clients, I am seeking an AWS Solution Architect with technical depth, architecture skills and minimum of 10 years’ experience on a remote working mode.
About the role
- I am looking for experienced AWS Solution Architect with technical depth and architecture skills.
- The right Candidate will work closely with pre-sales, business units and engineering on some of my client’s largest and most strategic customer engagements to help identify, define, and architect solutions on AWS.
- Specifically, you will be part of customer engaging team of technical PMs and engineers responsible for implementing new deployments and execute POCs and pilot migration projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand customer’s IT estate, LOB applications, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and cloud native solutions.
- Collaborate with network, security, and application architects and SMEs to develop enterprise grade solutions.
- Define long term cloud strategy and mentor operations teams to implement the solutions.
- Automate solutions for repeatable problems.
- Work with clients to transform manual processes and deployments into DevOps automated pipelines using AWS native services.
- Develop test plan and testcases to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration.
- Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met.
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Advocate new features and solutions to bring operational efficiency and cost reduction.
- Key focus on Infrastructure as code (IaC) and automation
- Act as a subject-matter expert on AWS and assist Sales/Pre-Sales in RFP activities.
- Subject matter level expertise on AWS Governance & Cost Management, AWS Network & Security, AWS Compute (EC2) & Storage, Backup & DR, Monitoring
- Experience in any one programming languages like Python, Node.js.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g., shell, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Deep expertise in CloudFormation (cfn hup, cfn init, custom resources, stack sets etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience on CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Team city.
- Configuration management using Ansible and/or Chef/Puppet.
- Rich experience in Migration projects and good knowledge of migration tools
- Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, ECS, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Route53 & S3)
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
- Experience in Kubernetes and docker administration (EKS and ECS).
- Good architectural knowledge to design, build AWS Cloud Native solutions and integrating 3rd party tools required for customer delivery/ Cloud estate.
- Experience in working with AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers).
- HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- AWS Certified DevOps Professional
- AWS Certified developer/Architect associate.
- AWS Specialty Certification- Networking or Security (Either 1 will do) – Preferred.
If you want to be involved with tech innovation in a fast-paced environment with an employer that offers a generous salary + benefits (including performance related bonuses) and professional growth, then please don’t delay in sending me your CV 🙂