My client is looking for Data Governance Consultant, and I wanted to know whether this would be of interest to you or not?
Position: Data Governance Consultant
Location: London, UK
- We require a Data Governance Consultant to lead and manage consulting engagements with our clients on data governance & management activities to improve the quality and manage the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
- The position will focus on advising on, establishing and ensuring adherence to client developed enterprise data governance frameworks for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
- The Data Governance Consultant serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues within the established client accounts and contributing to RFPs for clients seeking data governance and data management services
- You and will work closely with out GTM, and Day-0 teams to establish clarity about the leadership and solutions we provide within the Data Governance Practice to improve the colleagues understanding of the Data Governance Practice’s capabilities and the value that we bring to a broad spectrum of data engineering and data analytics solutions
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for the development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behaviour policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Lead Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- In conjunction with the IT, provide progress reports to Board management and oversee periodic updates to the Department Data Governance Roadmap
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience. 2 years in a senior management role, with change or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry-leading data quality and data protection management practices, tools and technical controls
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influences the way things are done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management or equivalent
If you are interested in this position, please send me your CV ASAP for immediate consideration or refer someone if this is not for you