Database Engineer/ Administrator
One of my market leading clients is urgently looking for an Database Engineer/ Administrator to join their team Remotely in Europe on a Permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity to work in an IT industry with exposure to new technologies and an international environment.
- Successful candidate must have experience in DB2/Aurora/PostGre/MS SQL.
- As part of the Cloud Team the Database Administrator primary focus is the delivery of cloud related da-tabase services and products to internal customers.
- They are responsible for providing end-to-end database support for cloud services through monitor-ing, incident response, and incident resolution for the Public and Private Cloud Platform environment. They also support incidents affecting hosted database workloads by providing these services to the owning teams who are customers of the database Platforms, in a timely manner.
- They monitor the databases to ensure availability, reliability, security and performance, responding to incidents and escalating them to the appropriate teams as required to ensure SLA’s are met.
- They follow incident, change, release, and problem management processes. Participating and driving root cause analysis on incidents to ensure issues around and acted up on in a timely manner, using those processes to continually seeking to improve the stability of the environment for all customers.
- They are experts in observability, responsible for centralized database platform monitoring and alert-ing tooling, setting the direction and enabling greater observability for all.
- They seek to use automation to remove repetitive tasks, developing Runbooks and Playbooks for use across the organization. They are the experts in Cloud operations in cloud environments, using that expertise to support development teams in taking on more database operations responsibilities and driving DevOps practices to enable the company to efficiently scale cloud workloads.
Physical Database Support (IaaS)
- Database Systems Administration: Responsible for database backup and recovery (verifica-tion, checks), examine logs and alerts, maintain access rights and roles, database instance version control.
- Base Database Monitoring: Essential, manual / script-based detection and notification of critical database technical items (e.g., service/process up-down, etc.).
- Database Structural Maintenance: Responsible for database space and storage manage-ment, database object management, physical database layout and temporary space man-agement.
- Patch Management: Identification, testing, packaging and application of the necessary security updates, support packs, and other updates associated with supported database.
- Engineering Support: Management and support of database environment provided by en-gineers with deep technical skills and problem-solving acumen given inclusion in and visibil-ity to current and historical changes to the environment.
Physical Database Support (Paas)
- Advise on best practices for production operation of Database PaaS environments
- Implement database maintenance plans and ensure optimal production configuration is in place
- Database Systems Administration: Responsible for database backup and recovery, exam-ine logs and alerts, maintain access rights and roles, security group management, provision-ing new databases
- Base Database Monitoring: Service availability , Health Check, Error monitoring, setup of CloudWatch alerts.
- Engineering Support: Management and support of database environment provided by en-gineers with deep technical skills and problem-solving acumen given inclusion in and visibil-ity to current and historical changes to the environment
- Participate in on call rota
My client offers:
- Broad range of activities, tasks, and projects.
- Further development and professional advancement.
- Friendly and international working environment.
- Competitive salary and various benefits.
Does this sound like you?
If you want to be involved with tech innovation in a fast-paced environment with an employer that offers a generous competitive salary + benefits (including performance related bonuses) and professional growth, then this position is a perfect match for you.
Please send me your CV immediately.