My client is looking for GCP Cloud Engineer - Storage and Backup Services, and I wanted to know whether this would be of interest to you or not?
Position: GCP Cloud Engineer - Storage and Backup Services
Duration: 6+ months
Location: London, UK
Rate: 450 GBP per day (Inside IR35)
- The Cloud Engineer is responsible for architecting and engineering storage and backup solutions for cloud.
- The Cloud Engineer works closely with technology stakeholders to develop lean and highly standardised solutions to serve the growing demand for flexible and reliable storage and backup solutions.
The Storage BUILD function is primarily responsible for Deployment and Product Engineering tasks. This includes matching application requirements to standard infrastructure products and using build capabilities across all technology domains.
- Engineer, define and document best practices and strategies regarding application and infrastructure deployment related to backup and storage services migrating to the cloud.
- Develop storage configurations and offerings in the organization that is strategic, innovative and can scale out globally
- Set global engineering build standards that our business units can leverage to make their time to market faster and more successful. With the same token, our operations and support teams can install, configure, and support in an efficient, well-documented manner.
- Establishing and maintaining close, collaborative working relationships with and between Agile team members and stakeholders to provide transparency and create accountability
- Engage a wide stakeholder community and our suppliers to gain their participation in collaborative design processes and ensure their support for implementing change
- Work with end-to-end process owners and managers to identify improvement opportunities, define the associated KPIs and MI required, diagnose issues, and recommend solutions that deliver results.
- Automate the build and delivery of cloud infrastructure through reusable automation.
- Build best in class migration factory principles and process for SAN, NAS and Backup
- Implement multi-year product roadmap
- Maintain Tech Direct product updates and relationships
- Test planning and System Interface Testing (SIT)
- Experience in implementation cloud tools and technologies and able to demonstrate subject matter expertise on cloud native applications, services and Infrastructure.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure technology across a broad range of infrastructure products and their supporting data centers, specifically those corresponding to storage and backup services
- Strong architectural understanding through all architectural disciplines (business, data, application, technical and security)
- Track record of successful delivery of complex transformation within global organization.
- Relevant experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Significant experience in identifying opportunities for improvement in existing processes/functions in alignment with the objectives of the Target Operating Model
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to develop, articulate and sell a vision.
- Cloud platform knowledge: (GCP Professional Architect Certification advantageous)
- Storage engineering experience in SAN, NAS, Backup.
- Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
- Issue tracking and collaboration (Jira, Confluence)
If you are interested in this position, please send me your CV ASAP for immediate consideration.
If you are not interested in the role but know someone that may be interested or a good fit for it, please help me and them out by sending me their details or them the details of this role so they can get in touch with me about it