My client is looking for Ansible Engineer, and I wanted to know whether this would be of interest to you or not?
Position: Ansible Engineer
Location: UK (Remote)
Duration: 6+ months contract
Rate: £450/day inside IR35
- Hands-On experience in developing Ansible playbook for infrastructure components.
- Develop Ansible Playbooks for integration with third party tools
- Ability to write test cases for the Ansible playbooks for managing the OS lifecycle like patching , upgrades, provisioning, decommissioning etc..
- Good understanding on Ansible Tower
- Ability to handle DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins, artifactory etc.
- Ability to write scripts for automating the infrastructure components through shell/python scripts.
- Good understanding on Infrastructure components like server, network, operating system, database etc.
- Agile development – incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Configuration Management – Experience with Configuration management tools Such as Ansible/Salt stack/Chef/Puppet.
- Ansible & Ansible Tower
- Ansible Playbooks
- Shell/PowerShell/Python Scripting
- DevOps Tools – Git, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Infrastructure Components – Server, Network, OS, Database
- Implementation of solution for automating responses to health alerts of various applications and security appliances.
- Development of Ansible playbooks to ensure zero human touch upgrades, both for internal infrastructure, application patching, upgrades etc..
- Development tuning of multi-layered alerts to provide early warning of critical system resources and ensuring a near zero downtime matrix.
- Scheduled maintenance activities to keep the infrastructure components robust with latest patches and updated versions of software running in the infrastructure stack.
- Experience in management of Open Source infra health monitoring technologies like Prometheus, Grafana and so on.
- Expertise in using Ansible, Git and configuration management tools.
- Implementation of automation using scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Go Lang etc
- Design, engineer, operationalize and maintain the secure systems which support continuous deployment/integration solutions with strong focus towards innovation Ansible or other tooling to execute seamless automation.
- Have strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Efficiently managed and maintained cluster of devices in large scale enterprise datacentres with minimum to zero downtime.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Good experience in developing and maintaining enterprise infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects. Including CI/CD and tools development preferably open source
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please send me your CV ASAP for immediate consideration or refer someone if this is not for you