I am currently recruiting, on behalf of one of my biggest client, a Redhat certified Linux Consultant to work a minimum of 6 months (+ likely extension, up tp 3 years) in Lund, Sweden.
Here are the kills requested for the Redhat certified Linux Consultant:
- User account management
- The vi editor knowledge
- Backup and restore
- Hardware setup and troubleshooting
- SIEMs and monitoring systems
Windows Skills requested for the Redhat certified Linux Consultant:
- AD: Knowledge on - Active directory, Proxy, DNS, Group Policy.
- Network: Knowledge on - LAN setup, basic switching, passive networking, cable management (Data / Voice), Wireless AP. Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc
- Desktop Security: Knowledge on - Antivirus deployment and update, patch management, monitoring and reporting, Disk Encryption, End-user backup, RSA securID.
End Devices skills requested for the Redhat certified Linux Consultant:
Server: Knowledge on hardware troubleshooting, Racking and Stacking, basic troubleshooting of Server Operating systems, raid configurations
DC Facilities: Knowledge on managing server room components like Power, UPS, Air Conditioning, Cable Management and monitoring the environment
Desktop, Laptop, Handheld devices: Knowledge on - build management, OS deployment / provisioning, common application installation and troubleshooting, Hardware knowledge, disposal (disk wipe / degaussing), Smart Phones, Tablets, Thin Clients, beamers, Video Conference equipment, Analogue / Digital Phone sets, Web cameras.
Printers: Hands on experience on managing printers (Local & Network printers), toner /consumables (staples) / maintenance kit replacement.
General skills requested for the Redhat certified Linux Consultant:
- Tools: Hand on experience on ITSM tools like Service Now.
- ITIL: Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures.
- Excellent in verbal, written communication, personal interaction skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Can perform under stressful and stringent timelines with minimal help with ownership
- Take ownership to manage multiple assignments simultaneously without any / minimal guidance or help from seniors or peers team members.
- Flexible to work in 24x7 environments.
- English proficiency level - 4 out of 5
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to second or third level in accordance with escalation processes.
- Escalate hardware related problems to the third-party warranty and non-warranty supplier.
- Acting as a 1st level escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received.
- Work with the Digital workplace team (DWP) team / OEMs for problem resolutions.
- Maintain overall ownership of user's issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Record incident resolutions in Service Now.
- Provide enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
- Support the following technologies: Microsoft Office 2003/7/10 products - Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Web browsers, Windows XP/7/8, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers, NIC's, basic LAN/WAN connectivity and others as assigned.
- Receive, escort and guide 3rd party suppliers On Site.
- Spare part administration.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts.
- Strong problem resolution skills required.
- Creation of KB articles.
Starting ASAP, interviews this week.
This role is suitable for a Redhat certified Linux Consultant who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration.