Data Engineer (Scala) – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Hybrid
Data Engineer (Scala) – We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer (Scala) to join one of Europe’s largest and fastest-growing clients in a progressive and innovative international team on a 6-12+ months contract in Amsterdam. Hybrid mode is optional.
- Experience with Hadoop file systems. Ingestion and extraction of data from HDFS.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience with Scala programming using spark engine.
- Experience with design and maintenance of data pipelines using data lakes.
- Experience with streaming applications like Kafka.
- Experience with relational databases like SQL server. Mainly data extraction and injection to/from SQL server.
- Experience with non-relational databases like HBase.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Linux scripting.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools like control-M is a plus.
- Very good communication skills.
- Has good analytical abilities.
Good to have:
- Good understanding of Scrum.
- Experience with the public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) is preferred.
- Experience with dashboarding tools like Spotfire is a plus.
- Experience with the airlines domain is a plus.
Apply Now to Avoid Disappointment – Interviews are taking place soon.