The top IT security certifications
Considering a job in IT security, or just want to enhance your knowledge? These are the best certifications to help.
As data becomes the global currency, breaches become increasingly commonplace and sophisticated. This means that security professionals are in higher demand than ever – a demand that often outstrips supply.
McAfee found in its Hacking the Skills Shortage report that 82 percent of IT and cybersecurity decision-makers face a shortage of security skills within their company.
Here are some of the top IT security certifications for either IT candidates looking to boost their skill set and employability, or for organisations looking to get their staff accredited.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF)